Jun 10, 2004

Ok, so I haven't posted in awhile. It's been busy lately, and a lot has been going on. Some changes going on, and I'm happy about it. :)

So I had my birthday party on the 14th @ Fajita Flats. Had an absolute blast! It was so fun! Thanx to everyone who came!

On the 16th I went out to lunch with Glenn and Zina (pastors) after church and it was fine. Towards the end of the lunch I decided to talk to them about something that had been weighing on my mind for about 6 months. I had really been frustrated with it thought for about 3 months. I felt my time at the church was over. My gifts were not being used, I wasn't doing anything, and I needed more. I prayed and prayed about it, waited it out, had patience, and now knew it was time to go. What was kewl is they said they had been praying and felt the same way. It was great. They asked which church I was looking at. I told them Calvary Christian Fellowship. My heart had been drawn to it over the last few months and these were Pastors I actually respected and knew I could trust. They said they saw me going somewhere like that church. We decided I would go for one last sevice and they would send me off with a "blessing".

The next day I got a call from Glenn saying they would not support my decision to attend CCF, due to my Dad and Shannon being there, becuz they knew my Mom would not approve and wouldn't wanna get caught in the middle of something... My Mother? Um, I kinda don't live with her anymore. She has no say over my spiritual life, or the decisions I make... I just said ok. Really I was just like whatever. All I knew was I was about to be very happy, and in a place I knew God called me to be.

The next day I get a slip in the mail that says I have a certified letter waiting at the post office... It's from the church, so I go and get it on Wednesday. I read the most ridiculous things! I was infuriated, and hurt. They believed the accusations brought up about my Dad last year, they brought up my Mom yet again, they questioned my maturity, accused me of not using wisdom, INSTRUCTED me to stay at Trailwood until I found a better place to go, asked that if I chose to still go to CCF not to tell the congregation... WHAT!?!? Their reasoning was that I could hurt the momentum of the Holy Spirit... ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! That's most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

I was absolutely appaled, and needless to say ANGRY. I was so upset, and hurt. I couldn't believe what was being said. After some counseling from Pastor Rod who is unlike anyone I've ever known (told me I am not to defend myself, to walk away knowing I am doing the right thing, and let God take care of the rest). Folow after Peace he said. I didnt like the idea of not defending myself, or letting them have a peice of my mind. I decided not to go on Sunday, which actually came with an overwhelming peace. I resolved that I was just gonna DO IT! And guess what!? I don't need man's "blessing" to do what God has told me to do. I will follow HIS instruction over anyone elses. So that's that.

I got a 2nd job watching 2 absolutely adorable sweet girls overnight a couple times a week while their dad works at the hospital overnight. GREAT to have money to pay off some junk! Unfortunately my hours got cut at work, and then the girls went to their Grandmas last minute which prevents me from working for the next 2 weeks with them. I have some bills to pay which depended on that money, and now I don't have it so Im not sure what I'll do. But I know God supplies all my needs, and He's sure of what He's doing. :) I also was supposed to see John Mayer, and buy the tickets this week, but now I don't know! It sux! And I'm not sure if I'll see Tim McGraw this summer either. Oh well. Life goes on. :)

God is Good all the time, His Word is true, and I Love Him!

No comments: