Feb 16, 2005

So, I have been the queen of nostalgia the last 2 weeks. So many things that I can't quite pinpoint, but I've just missed stuff. Superbowl Sunday I was supposed to have a big party of people from my old high school youth group, my dad (the youth pastor), and it was gonna be awesome. Well one of the people who was supposed to bring about half the people in his car ended up not being able to make it, so I just cancelled it. And I missed my old rock 'n' roll, kinda punk rawkish style. The way I dressed, the music I listened to (Ska, Punk, and the like). It was just a lot of fun. So I went and bought a few things that I would have worn at one time. I looked and the mirror and smiled. I felt like me.
What is it that just makes you always wanna do what you used to do, be who you used to be, hang with the friends you used to? Man we used to have fun. I've had the biggest craving to jump in a moonwalk or on a trampoline. Maybe it has to do with growing up and reverting back to a time when you didn't have to? I don't know.
I'm just know I'm glad to have my studded belt, my copy of the first Supertones album, an electric guitar belt buckle, my converse shoes, the oppportunity to hang with old friends, and my continued search for the Five Iron Frenzy "Quantity is Job1" album, with the "These Are Not My Pants" Rock Opera... *sigh* you gotta love it!

No comments: