Mar 6, 2005

I have gone on a DC Talk trip lately. I don't know why, but it's here. I repurchased the Jesus Freak album since the one I bought like 10 years ago is insanely scratched up. I remember when it first came out, thinking that album was the greatest thing ever. As much smack as people talk about them (they're unoriginal, they're overated, sell-outs, a bunch of no talent losers surrounded by hype [none of which I agree with but have considered]) those guys really did do a lot for christian music and christian young people who were hungry for something kewl. I was really liking a lot of the rock music out at the time, but I didn't want to really listen to it, because I wasnted to have something more uplifting.
I have personally met the guys and in fact got to hang out a whole weekend with them. They were touring in Tx at the time and we went from the Houston concert to the San Antonio concert with them. Seriously nice guys who really cared about getting a good message out through good music and hopefully it would help people. I have relived so many memories the past week or two through their music; youth group trips, concerts, lock-ins, and just hanging out with friends. Some of the best times of my teenage life were accompanied by their music.
TobyMac (who, I don't care what you say, is a kewl guy) is gonna be here in 3 weeks and I think I'm gonna go with some friends, enjoy the music, jump around, and feel like a kid again.

No comments: