May 24, 2003

I got to catch up with an old best friend a few days ago. That was kewl. Her and I have known eachother from 6th grade to now. We were best friends from the start. We've been through everything together: Her Dad leaving, my Dad dying, me getting engaged (2wice), her "knowing" who the one was... crazy stuff, that never did turn out the way we thought they would. Anywayz. I was always the crazy, wild child, and she was the sweet, good girl. Then she moved, and I didnt hear from her for a long time, and just as more time would pass, I would hear about her doing things she said she would never do (not necessarily anything bad at all, just things that were like wow, her?), and so on and so on. After not hearing form her in God knows how long, my Mom told me she came by the house while I was away at school. She is now married and pregnant. Man, did that hurt. This was the girl that we planned our weddings together at 14 (now I realize how dumb and pathetic I was), we were gonna have one or 2 of our babies around the same time so they could be friends, and of course to one anothers children we were Aunt _____. It's just amazing how much things change.

Yet is amazing how some things never change. As soon as we saw eachother it was like nothing had changed. We goofed off and laughed like old times, I said "like" a lot due to my excitement, which she realized right away, and credited it to her habit of saying "like" now. LOL I was never mad at her about not telling me anything. I guess just hurt that I wasn't apart of any of the leadings up. It was weird going in her house to meet her husband, and not her boyfriend. He's a good guy. And I couldn't help but say every 15 minutes, "OMG You're gonna be a Mom". It's just so weird, and funny... yet at the same time it's really good. I think we're gonna stay in contact a lot more now, and be good friends again. I hope so; she used to be the best friend I ever had. I'm just glad that we're talking again.

No comments: