May 31, 2003

Here's something I posted on the SwimTeam yesterday afternoon. I really think even though I was encouraging others, I was speaking to myself, because it was about a couple of hours later when I needed it:

Yeah when I listen to it, I often hear myself singing it. "He's been promising me something more than pain..." That part always get's me, because so many times we are like "where's the promise, where's the promise? YOU said it would happen." But many times the reason why the promise hasn't come to pass is because we haven't done our part. Hannah had a promise from God that she would bare a child, and before she had become pregnant, she thanked God, but she didn't stop there with her faith. She added her works. It says that she went in to Elkanah, and he knew her. She had to make it happen. Even though she had done that many times and she had never seen a different result, she took her God at His word, and didn't just believe, but confessed praise, and fulfillment of the promise before it had happened, and worked her stuff, by going in to Elkanah. So many times we sit on our lazy butts and say we're waiting on God when God is really waiting on us! One of my teachers said a lot "Work like it's all up to you; Pray like it's all up to God." And then after that patience is to come in. "Let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be complete, lacking nothing." After Hannah was pregnant, she still had to wait 9 months untill Samuel was manifested in front of her eyes. Did she doubt then? No! Why? Because you couldn't tell her she was not pregnant! She had it on the inside of her, she knew because of the evidence: stop of her cycle, maybe some hormones raging, a little bit of an expansion in her body. You couldn't tell her she wasn't pregnant! And never forget the hardest point of this time is labor... right before it is birthed. You're gonna have to push harder and go through the hardest time right before your Samuel is born. There's things on the inside of you that are about to come to pass, and don't you doubt it. There are some promises, some gifts, some dreams, that are about to come to pass on the inside of you, and you're getting a little tired during this incubation period, don't you give up! Keep going, keep believing, keep confessing the Word, and don't listen to the idle chatter of others around you. You listen to His word, and know that His word is the final authority.

Hope that blesses someone else besides me. :)

No comments: