May 3, 2005

So I went to the concert on Sunday and it was great. I got to the place about 7:45 and the front row was open, so I was like, shoot, why not? So I sat about 6 feet from Don who was tuning his guitar and he looks up and was like HEY! So I was like HEY! It’s kewl when someone who means a lot to you, but shouldn’t really remember you, does. So then I called Kris for a bit and she was like tell him we said Hi, so I told him “The Fives say hi” and he was like oh kewl! Tell them I said Hi! So about 5 after 8 the thing started, but it started with a guy doing a reading from a book he wrote. It sounded pretty kewl, but I forgot to take a look at it after the thing was over. So then Don started into his set which was just awesome. The first note I heard him sing I took the biggest happy sigh. Even though of course Waterdeep, and the Chaffers are my favorite ever, I forget how much I love the voices of these people. The songs were all new except a few. The one that sticks out the most in my mind is one called generous people, in which Don begins to talk about a homeless man who krapped all over his bathroom. It was hilarious, but had a great point. Don talked about Miles a lot and had a song about him that was really good. Don let us know that he was kinda wingin it that night, so I blurted out “Big Word Tyranny”, and he was like I wish I remembered that. Too bad. LOL So they were on vacation here for a week or so and said theyd be leaving a few days later than they had planned and thought doing a show down here would be neat and neat it was. ? Afterwards we of coursed made a few referrals to the crying incident, and he was happy to hear that Tom got the story on video. LOL I actually told them if they would be in town Tuesday night they were invited to an Astros game. Unfortunately they were leaving the next day. What I thought was neat is that Don actually looked disappointed… so not like I was some silly fan being too generous. LOL Oh well. After talking about 15 minutes I had to go, so I said goodnight and left with the Muncie boot and the Whole Nother Deal.

I forgot how great “At Least I’ve Got a Car” was. I listened to it probably 5 times on the way home. That’s probably the best song, the perfect song to describe my situation and how I feel. Beautiful.

Lately I have really been getting into R&B and Soul again. Like right now I am all about Joss Stone. LOVE her. You wouldn’t think a white british girl would be able to bring some serious soul to the table, but she does it. I also have been listening to some Alicia Keys. It’s been really kewl to listen to some serious woman talent.

2 comments:

methy413 said...

I honestly can say that I miss them. I miss them like long lost friends. Wow.

I am so glad you got to go Jess. At least one of us got too. I want another cd! I want Don to be touring again. I want to have dinner with them or something.

kristin said...

I like Joss Stone too. You just don't expect a voice like that to come out of her. She's fantastic.