Jan 19, 2001

Tonight was quite an interesting, and chaotic night. Annoying as well, for some of the part. The plans were to meet at the mall at 6, and then we'd head to the theatre to see Vertical limit at 7:15. So we (Me, Amanda, Taylor, and Matt) waited for 45 minutes for them, then decided to look for them, and came back at the same spot about 2 minutes later. So it was about 7:10 we decided to walk to the theatre since it was right next door, and we see PJ running towards the theatre, and needless to say we were quite curious as to why they were over here. So they explained they (PJ, Devin, and Mario) were lost trying to pick up Obi, and so were late. So PJ ran over to the mall, saying the others were going to meet him there, ad then come back to the theatre, so to go wait in line, and get the tikets. We get to the line and the guys are still there, saying they didn't tell PJ to meet them at the mall. So they run to get him, and when they come back they decide they don't want to see a movie after we had been waiting in line, and were next in line. So we were trying to figure out what to do, and since it was freezing outside, we decided to walk back to the mall, and get warm. But some of the guys decided to leave (Obi, Mario, and Devin). But then Devin catches up with us, and says he's going home. So we say ok we'll see you later. So we (Me, PJ, Amanda, Matt, and Taylor) head to the mall, and grab a bite to eat, and have a few little adventures. :) Later we find out that no one has seen Devin since he had told us he was going home. Everyone's calling his house, and other places trying to find him. Just a little bit ago I call his house, and he finally answers saying he's had it disconnected on purpose, and that he was mad at everyone. So I told him I'm sorry he was mad and that tonight didn't work out, but I'm just glad he was ok, and I knew he was home. He said "I'm so enlightened." So I was like "You being sarcastic?" And he said "Yeah and not funny sarcastic". So I said "Ok well, I'm glad you're ok, I'll talk to you later." "Bye". He also stated that everyone was following me to the mall, so I wouldn't get mad, and that he had not intended on speaking to anyone 'till Sunday cuz he's so mad. I wasn't the one leading to the mall, and I think to be so mad about this is quite petty. Sorry to everyone who is reading this. I'm just letting out my frustrations. But anywayz. It also made me think about how everyone gets so caught up in the petty trials of life, and forgets about the joys, and the gifts God has given to us, so they become bitter, and angry, and engage in utter nonsense. Myself included. I hate how I become so selfish, and throw a pity party when things aren't going "how I thought things would go". But how we think things are gonna go usually aren't how things are gonna go. We're not God, and are far from it. When we walk in the Spirit it doesn't mean things will be easier, but we'll be able to give those trials over to God, and go through them with joy, and peace knowing we are in Gods hands. And what an awesome place to be! Gods Hands!

No comments: