Jan 6, 2005

I am at my Mom's house tonight with her and my sisters. We've had a good time tonight laughing and goofing off and stuff. We just finished watching a movie called Hanging Up that stars Meg Ryan, Diane Keaton, and Lisa Kudrow. It never got great reviews or stayed in the theatre long, but my sisters and I love it. We watch it and laugh at all of the little quirks the sisters have and how they relate to each other. It's just one of those family things that only yall understand. Good times...
Tomorrow night I go out to eat with my ex, and still friend, PJ and his new fiance Emily. A little weird, yes. I've kinda had second thoughts about going the last few days. I think about everything logically and how I think people should do things and if the reality doesn't measure up, I doubt it. There are some things I just don't understand about the deal (age, finances, education, a plan?), but I've had to come to the conclusion that it's not for me to understand. PJ has asked me to meet her, he's happy, they're happy, the parents are not objecting, and he's my friend. Friend. I love PJ more than a lot of people; truly love him dearly. I have a handful of friends who I have connected with through the years and no matter what they needed, if it was 5 years from now and I haven't talked to them, they could let me know and I would jump at the chance to just help. PJ is one of those people. I need to stop thinking of him as an ex that is also my friend, but think of him as my friend. I really am happy if he's happy, can't wait to meet this girl, and am excited about watching things unfold to a lifetime of bliss. I pray the Lord blesses them and guides them... Tomorrow night I go out to eat with my friend PJ, and his new fiance Emily.

No comments: